We want all our guests to have an amazing experience. Please note the Arboretum is home to many different kinds of plants. It’s their nature to be seasonal; so not all our plants are always obvious. To protect the gardens and to ensure all enjoy their visit, please follow these guidelines:
- The Arboretum is a natural place for kids to run and explore,
but it is NOT a public park. Please be respectful.
- Children under 12 must be supervised.
- Stay on pathways and mown lawn areas.
Do not walk in mulched or planted garden beds.
- Bikes, scooters, skates, etc MUST remain on the main, paved trail.
- Do not wade or swim in the pond or streams.
- Do not play or climb on rocks, trees, shrubs or sculptures.
- We care about the environment. Please dispose of waste in recycling bins.
Do not litter.
- Pets are welcome, but for the safety of all MUST be on a leash.
- Dog poop is NOT welcome.
- Please pick up after your pooch.
- Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy.
Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers or plant labels.
- Do not feed or handle the wildlife. It can be harmful to them – and you.
- The Garden is a tobacco-free environment.
- Fireworks are prohibited on Arboretum grounds.
The Newton Arboretum & Botanical Gardens is committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment.
We cultivate a beautiful landscape perfect for photography! Our Photography Policy also exists to protect our gardens and guests.
- Stay out of planted areas.
- Do not move/remove plant labels or other signs.
- Do not block paths or trails.
- DO follow all Arboretum Etiquette.
Enjoy the Newton Arboretum & Botanical Gardens!
We encourage you to share nature & candid photos from the gardens on social media using: