We are a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit botanical garden. We want all our guests to have an amazing experience. Please note the Arboretum is home to many different kinds of plants. It’s their nature to be seasonal; so not all our plants are always obvious. To protect the gardens and to ensure all enjoy their visit, please follow these guidelines:
- The Arboretum is a natural place for kids to run and explore,
but it is NOT a city park. Please be respectful.
- Children under 12 must be supervised.
- Stay on pathways and mown lawn areas.
Do not walk in mulched or planted garden beds.
- Bikes, scooters, skates, etc MUST remain on the main, paved trail.
- Do not wade or swim in the pond or streams.
- Do not play or climb on trees, shrubs, or sculptures.
- We care about the environment. Please dispose of waste in recycling bins.
Do not litter.
- Pets are welcome, but for the safety of all MUST be on a leash.
- Dog poop is NOT welcome. Please pick up after your pooch.
- Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy.
Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers or plant labels.
- Do not feed or handle the wildlife. It can be harmful to them – and you.
- The Garden is a tobacco-free environment.
- Fireworks are prohibited on Arboretum grounds.
The Newton Arboretum & Botanical Gardens is committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment.
We cultivate a beautiful landscape perfect for photography! Our Photography Policy also exists to protect our gardens and guests.
- Stay out of planted areas.
- Do not move/remove plant labels or other signs.
- Do not block paths or trails.
- DO follow all Arboretum Etiquette.
Enjoy the Newton Arboretum & Botanical Gardens!
We encourage you to share nature & candid photos from the gardens on social media using: