The Newton Arboretum & Botanical Gardens is committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment. We want ALL guests to have an amazing experience. We are managed by a 501(c)(3) non-profit. This means we rely greatly on volunteers and donations to keep the arboretum operational for future generations. Countless hours are necessary to create this space for the enjoyment of our community. The Arboretum is home to many kinds of plants. It is their nature to be seasonal; so not all of our plants may be obvious. To protect the gardens and to ensure all enjoy their visit, please follow these rules:
- Stay on pathways and mowed lawn areas.
- Keep out of/off mulched or planted gardens beds
- Bikes, scooters, skates, and strollers must email on paved trails.
- Children must be supervised.
- No climbing on trees, shrubs, or sculptures.
- Do not feed or handle the wildlife.
- People nor pets are allowed to wade, swim, net, or fish the ponds or streams.
- Pets are welcome but MUST be on a leash.
- Please pick up after your pets. waste stations have been provided throughout the grounds.
- Do not litter.
- Dispose of trash/waste in the provided trash receptacles.
- Seeds, flowers, plant and labels are not to be removed
- Benches and outdoor structures should not be relocated.
- The Arboretum is a tobacco-free environment, this includes e-cigarettes, cigars and vape devices.
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- Visitors are liable for any damage to property and grounds.
- We reserve the right to ask a visitor to leave.
We cultivate a beautiful landscape perfect for photography! Photographers, we welcome you! Please follow all of the above rules and be courteous to the other visitors when utilizing the structures and grounds, by not blocking paths or features.
We encourage you to share nature & candid photos from the gardens on social media using the hashtag #NewtonArboretum